AWS – AppSync Introduction and Demo
AppSync is a service provided by AWS(Amazon Web Services) that helps in creating the API using GraphQL. GraphQL is a query language developed by Facebook in 2012 and was made open-source in 2015. AppSync is fully managed by AWS and helps in developing the application at a very fast rate. AppSync helps in creating a single endpoint of GraphQL, and with the help of it, we can query databases like dynamo DB, Ethena, RedShift, RDS, Aurora, and many more. AppSync can also act as a link between the client app and the databases.
- Simplified process of creating applications using flexible API’s
- Acts as a link between the client app and DB
- Realtime subscription using GraphQL
- Offline support
- Unified secure access
- Manage Caching
- CLoud watch logs
- Lambda resolver
Why Appsync –
Half of the work regarding the back-end will be handled by AppSync which saves most of your time.
AppSync will scale itself according to the traffic and the number of people using it. No matter if it is a small scale application or a large scale e-commerce website
Any change in the database is reflected across all the clients in real-time. This job can be cumbersome if you plan on coding the project yourself. Your application will inherit this splendid feature without putting extra effort into it.
It syncs the app data so that all the requests and queries can be performed even when the device isn’t connected to the Internet. The changes will be reflected as soon as the device gets connected. AppSync will take care of the data conflicts.
All your datasets will be under the roof of Amazon Web Services. AWS AppSync supports all the services provided by Amazon like DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Aurora serverless, Amazon Cognito, and any other Amazon Service that you would like to implement in your application.
AppSync also allows you to define your security system for your data using multiple concurrent authentication modes.
Demo For API Creation-
- Firstly, we will go to the AWS console and then to the app sync console, where we will select create API tab.
- Now we will select build from scratch so that we can start with blank schema.
- Now it will ask you for API name, let’s give it Employee.
- After that a new tab will come that will have all the details about your API.
- In the settings, we can find the details like API Key, API URL, and many more.
- We can click on the schema to create our GraphQL schema, we can click on create a resource to automatically create our schema based on our resource type.
- In our example, we have created a resource of Employees and have created some fields.
- When you will do so and scroll down you will find out that 2 queries, 3mutation, and 3 subscriptions are automatically created.
- Click on create and you will find out that a schema has been created and dynamo DB is used as a default database.
- When you will click on the resource on the left menu, you will find out that EmployeeTable has been created.
- To view the table you can click on the resource name and will find out all the details related to that resource.
This is how you create an API on AppSync, You can easily integrate the API in your app using the instructions provided there only.
- Utkarsh Shukla Website – https://utkarshshukla.herokuapp.com/