Metaverse- Is this the next big thing?
What is a Metaverse?
- Metaverse is a word created using two words that are –
- META(Greek prefix word) meaning Beyond
- Verse meaning Universe
- The word metaverse means beyond the universe.
- Now coming to the scientific meaning of the term metaverse.
- Metaverse can be easily understood by knowing about virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Metaverse is going to be a combination of virtual and augmented reality.
- Where people or we can say users can do anything possible in a virtual world.
- In this blog, we are going to cover-
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Metaverse Features
What are AR(Augmented Reality) and VR(Virtual Reality)?
- Augmented reality is looking at the real world with the addition of external information such as a graphic or any animation.
- AR is like placing a virtual object in our physical world and then interacting with it.
- AR is very popular these days on Instagram, where people add many animations to their real world.
- Pokemon Go is also an example of Augmented reality where we see pokemon in our real-world using mobile phones or tablets.
- The popularity and success of Pokemon GO open up the gates for Augmented Reality and created a buzz around the world for AR.
- These are some of the popular AR filters used in Instagram as per Spark Creators.
- Virtual Reality or VR is a completely virtual environment where we can see, feel and have a 360-degree look.
- Not only we can view the virtual world, but also we can move and make changes.
- That is we can interact with the virtual world.
- Interaction is done with the help of VR devices such as VR headsets.
- VirtualReality is generally used for –
- Video Games or Entertainment purposes
- Education or Training
- Virtual Meetings
- Facebook now known as Meta, is doing a huge investment in Metaverse.
- Not only that they have renamed facebook to Meta so that it can co-relate to the metaverse.
- The main focus of metaverse for meta(Facebook) is to make the social connection more realistic through the use of metaverse.
- Meta(Facebook) mainobjectives for Metaverse-
- Social Connection
- Work better and do more
- Devices that can be easy to use
- Improving the Virtual Experience
- As we all know Facebook revolutionized social media and boom the internet for social connections.
- Similar to that Meta(Facebook) is now trying to do with the Metaverse.
- Meta is now trying to make the metaverse available to everyone and in the best possible way.
- From allowing users to have their own space with the capability of adding, removing, blocking, and taking breaks from people or users.
- This is something similar to Facebook, but in a virtual world, where you can see and feel things in relaity.
- We can also bring the things from real-world to our virtual world something like what we do in augmented reality.
- What Meta is planning to have a unique avatar for every user in the metaverse that can be customized.
- With every user having their own avatar, each one can interact with each other and socialize them in this virtual world.
- Meta is also planning to give solo ownership of the things in the metaverse to the users.
- This will remove the scenario where platforms will be owning the things or objects in a metaverse.
- Meta is looking to make every object appear in metaverse through AR so that every object can be indexed.
- It will then help to interact and find anything through various AI algorithms.
- So we can say that meta is trying to make a completely new spectacular virtual world, where everything can be possible.
Challenges for Metaverse
- The biggest challenge for metaverse is to have the animation close to relaity.
- Current graphics requires a lot of improvement.
- Security concern is also one of the most important challenges for Meta.
- Previously Facebook has faced many problems regarding privacy concerns, so it will be a very tough challenge for them.
- Currently, VR devices are very heavy, and it becomes hectic after a few hours of use.
- Making a comfortable device for using the Metaverse is also a big challenge.
- Another thing is to make people use metaverse, it will be the toughest job.
- We all remember what happened to google glasses, the hype was amazing but it failed eventually.
- The future is beyond our imaginations let’s see what metaverse holds for us.
- We can say that metaverse is something very large and developing technology.
- It will be great to see how different companies approach it.
- Currently, Meta(Facebook) is leading the charts by a large margin.
- We can say that the future is very much dependent on Meta(Facebook) how they are going to introduce it.
- Already Meta has started adding people to its metaverse and trying different features on it.
- The most important thing is to see how people are going to react to it, whether they are going to like it or not.
- Link to meta- The Metaverse and How We’ll Build It Together — Connect 2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvufun6xer8
- Link to other blogs- https://statusneo.com/author/utkarsh-shukla/
Still Curious? Visit my website to know more!
For more interesting Blogs Visit- Utkarsh Shukla Author