Why is Martech taking over marketing in 2022 and how you can be a part of the wave?
2020 changed the entire world’s perception and interaction with Internet. With everything going online, the need to advertise and market products in the digital space increased exponentially, resulting in the IT sector creating certain tools and technologies to cater to the advanced world. MarTech, an amalgamation of Marketing and Technology, refers to software that enables marketers to achieve their goals and not just cater to their audience at an optimum level, but obtain traceable and changeable digital elements that ensure desired marketing results. This is not a new concept in the digital world as it has been employed for several years; the growth in the usage of martech tools has started increasing recently.
With its promise to help marketers track their user’s journey and influence their decisions, martech has taken its place as the ‘next best thing’ in the marketing world. Read further to know why martech is important and how it is ready to bring the digital transformation.
Why is Martech important for companies?
The answer is very simple: Smart Marketing. Martech allows you to gain and retain customers. This is possible due to its flexibility and dynamism. Martech is open to change and evolves with time. This helps you evolve with it by changing your approach to customer retention. This means that when you are able to view the entire journey of a customer, you can understand the high and low points of interest, thus eliminate issues that lead to no or fewer sales. With a holistic view of the data provided, your sales and marketing team can make necessary amendments in the campaign to attract more customers.
Marketing is all about information; martech tools will provide vast quantity of data to marketers for market analysis and create customer profiles. With the space to alter mistakes and availability of data, marketers will be able to create more personalised campaigns for customers. Martech will take personalization of marketing strategies to the next level, resulting in a loyal customer base.
What challenges can Martech bring?
With every boon comes bane. However promising the future of marketing looks, every company should be prepared for the challenges it will bring. The first challenge would be to hire the right marketing team to deal with the tools and technology.
A martech platform will as much be a part of your marketing team as the people you hire to run campaigns on it. The platform would mean finding the technology to support you in testing your strategies in the real world. With the benefit of obtaining heaps of data comes the challenge of the data itself. Sorting the right information, valid for your strategy, and separating clean and relevant data would require proper tools and extra team members.
What is Martech stack?
It is a stack of tools and technologies of martech employed by digital marketers to achieve goals and optimize marketing results. These differ from business to business depending on the objectives, budget, and strategies of the business.
The martech stack of 2022 has advanced to include tools to increase efficiency of a company. Here are few martech tools that you can use in your marketing strategy.
- Advertising: SEM (search engine marketing) tools such as Google Ads, Microsoft Ads; advertising using Facebook Ads, AdEspresso; using AI-based applications to promote, such as Simpli.fi or SmartyAds.
- Content Marketing: Creating and promoting content through various digital tools including CMS, SEO, marketing automation, email marketing, and mobile marketing technologies such as WordPress, Ghost, Wix, Google Search Console, Keyword Planner, Hubspot, Pardot, MailChimp, LeanPlum, Serve, etc.
- Social Media Marketing: The all-too-familiar mode of sharing and promoting brand content through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest. You can turn to management tools to streamline the social media usage. These tools include Hootsuite, Sprout Social, BuzzStream, Brandwatch Analytics, TweetReach, etc.
- Sales: Customer Support and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) are essential to the martech stacks. Prospect.io, Hubspot, Salesforce, and many other tools can help you manage customer expectations and interact with them.
- Analytics and Data: Leveraging and managing data is one of the most important tools of the martech. Tools such as Evergage, Tableau, Klipfolio, Google Analytics, FreshMarketer, can help maximize ROI.
What does the future hold for marketers?
The future with martech is filled with potential of brand building and optimized customer communication. Selecting the right tools, hiring a proficient team, and planning the effective strategies can land your brand right where it needs to be – amongst your prospective trusted and loyal audience.